Saturday, August 20, 2011

New... Well Maybe Just Revisited


So as some of you may know, I started my love of photography at a young age. My aunts taught me young that you were crazy for not taking pictures of any and everything. Throughout my summers spent with my dad in Punxsutawney, PA I watched and learned from the masters of photo-stalking.

As the years went on I started to develop somewhat of a photographer's eye with all my practice on my friends and family. Then a very random choice a friend and I made sitting in Science Class in 8th grade landed us both in a Journalism Class our Freshman year of high school. And we were both hooked. Though our talents differed a bit, okay lets face it she was always ten times the writer I was. I wanted to just take the pictures. But instead I did write and ended up the Features Edited for our school paper (my friend News and then Co-Editor-and-Chief). I have always felt that it was the best elective choice we could have made way back when sitting in science making stick figure cartoons instead of learning our periodic table.

My choice to become a family photographer was the easiest choice I think I've ever made (this from the person that changed her major in collage about 8 times, photography was one of them. heehee) From the moment I took the first picture of my daughter I was hooked and I wanted, needed, to capture not just all the important memories in our family but in other people's as well.

I will say doing what I do is so satisfying, I love nothing more than to see the photo I take hanging on somebody else's wall. Knowing that the moment I captured is a moment they will never forget.

But I still go out and follow a butterfly around trying to capture the second it opens it's wings just so, or lay on a New York City sidewalk to trying to capture just that perfect shot when the sun beams shine just right. A year or so ago I opened an etsy shop to share/sell my favorites of these captured moments, but distraction and then the birth of my second child Grayson made me put it on the back burner.

Well recently a discussion I had with the same photo taking, writing extraordinaire, from my school newspaper days, about her amazing photos from all over the country and how she should open her own shop. Remind me of this little hobby simmering on the furthest back burner I have. More talks about taking part of a couple upcoming art fairs and craft shows opened my eyes and made me open around 500 thousand pictures,no lie, and pull out my favorites from the my past, there are present ones in there too- Plus my babies make some appearances as well.

So today I started working on this revisited project and I must say I'm liking what I'm seeing =)

Watching Minnie and Mickey dance on the mid afternoon float, Personally I spent that time watching my Bean take it all in. I never fully understood how magical Disney World could be until I saw it through her eyes. Just looking at this picture makes me want to book our next vacation, because it really is the most magical place on Earth.

I must have followed this little, well really really big bumble bee around for a good ten minutes all will singing... ouch he sung me... classic

The place of Dreams

This little birds fascinated me on our last trip to NYC. It amazed me how peaceful they seemed looking for bits of food on the oh so busy streets of the city.

This old truck is located at the top of the hill at my Grandparents farm, I was informed by my mother that growing up this crank truck was their only vehicle. I think it's amazing that it still sits at the farm that it worked so hard to keep running, I only wish I lived closer because it would be a hotspot in couples sessions.

The dogwood flowers on base in South Carolina, they are one of my favorite sites.

Together Forever

I found this walking around at the Renaissance Festival, I love finding little treasures where you least expect them.

Here they are, there will be many many more to come, plus there will be info on our craft fair/ art show booths very very soon. And maybe in the next week or so I'll get my shop in working order so you can come, visit and check out my memories!


2 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post, all of the pictures and captions included! :) Telling a story about the picture totally captures something, see! :) LOVE the bumble bee on the flower, classic to follow it around for that perfect moment. I watched Colby get sucked into doing the same thing one time at Biltmore with a bee and my camera (the way I felt watching him use my camera so intently was kind of like your Lina at Disney fascination hahaha). I love the truck one, the dogwood flowers one, and the Renaissance heart stump one might be my favorite, i think that one should go in whatever we enter. I wish we'd been able to get together that day! Ah well next year <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm going to try to edit a few more tonight :) and PS that's from the time we went with Nan forever ago :)

    ReplyDelete

Listen to my Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones